Skip to main content

Week 20 detailed scan

Last Friday 6th feb was a torture for me, the detailed scan result was not so ideal and I have been so worried. I simply cannot focus on anything and keep crying until the next scan which was on last wed 11th feb by the dept head.
The 1st detailed scan result show 1 spot in the brain and 1 spot in the liver.
The spot in the brain is called choroid plexus cyst which is getting common in pregnancy. Usually it will disappear by 3rd trimester. The rare case is that it will be down symdrone T18. It is quite harmless by itself. A harmony test can done to test for the cause.
Echogenic nodule in fetal liver is the term that my Gynae told me. It is a white spot of 8mm big. The biggest worry is that it may be cause by infection and can spread to the brain causing liver and brain damage. The way to find out the cause is to take a blood test to test for cytomegalo virus and toxoplasma.
I took the blood test immediately after the scan result at Gynae clinic. My mind was in a loss. Pray to god is the only thing that I can do.
1st good news comes early on monday from the clinic. Blood test came out normal. I did not have the virus.
The best news was through the 2nd detailed scan. The cyst in the brain has disappeared by itself and the spot in the liver got smaller to 5.8mm after 5 days.  Doctor said most likely it will disappear by it own. It is ultimate good news for me.
All is good and nice. Baby is growing well.  At week 20 and 3 days,  he weigh 366g. He gained 30g more from the 1st scan. I can feel his movement more now. I will enjoy every move he make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My botak princess!!!! Brought Charis to Hwa xia to shave her hair She behave well, finish her hair cut fast! She look more chubbly and cute with her botak head Babies are cute by nature!!! Wahahaa Her new style! Babies are cute! Charis gave me a present on Monday She flipped and flipped like nobody business Although she can flip eariler on but she seldom flip Only since Monday, whenever she is lying down She will flip & flip!!! But she cannot flip back to orginal postion after flip Slowly she will, afterall she just only 4mth old! My Botak Princess in action! Yelling Princess!

Iphone Pro

Charis is very pro in playing with my Iphone now She can play alot of games in the phone Dear is pretty surprised by her reaction Bowling, puzzles, writing ABC All she can do it So fun to see her playing with it