Skip to main content

Our 1st family trip


It has been a long time since I last travelled with my family. Ever since I was pregnant with my first born, Charis, I am reluctant to travel. The thoughts of dragging the bags full of diapers and milk powder and 2 rascals running about with me chasing after them totally shut me down. Now they are older at 6YO and 4YO, I am much prepared to bring them overseas. This trip is rather a last minute trip, no much planning to be done. We are going to Bangkok for a start!!! This makes me feel great! Finally I made my first move.
Since it is a last minute trip, I have a hard time getting the flight. Budget airline is out as I am bringing my parents along and with PH around the corner, most flights with good timing are full. Lucky I did managed to find one through Zuji.com.sg though the arrival date is early by 1 day. It makes our trip longer by 1 day to 5D4N. I am not complaining. :)
The kids are very excited when they heard of the trip. Charis is counting down to the day everyday. I can feel her excitement. Gregory is extremely obedience in case we travel without him.
Finally the day has come! 1st Oct 2014 ~~~
 

Off we go!
Day 2 to Hello Kitty Café and Siam Shopping








Lucky we went early. There is no queue but when we stepped out of the café, there was a long queue


Look yummy!













Day 3 to Erawan Shrine to pray.
 Taking tutu ride at only 20 baht, the kids love it







 
After praying, we went a cab to Chinatown. The ride cost us about 200 Baht
The restaurant that we had our lunch. Yummy shark fins!

Day 4 to Chatuchuk Market
 
We took a 7 seater cab to Chatuchak market which cost us 300Baht (about SGD 11). Everything is so much chearper here. The clothes sell so much cheaper than what my dad bought at MBK. Similar design and material. No coconut ice-cream which they waited for, as we try a dessert which is nice. Grass jelly & brown sugar with ICE. it taste very nice.
After the market, we went back to Siam square for our late lunch. We settled our lunch at SomBoon Seafood, which it is good though it is not the favourite Somboon Seafood restaurant that bloggers recommended. Good enough to satisfy us and gentle to our pocket too :)

Bought toys for the kids before we call it a day
 



Day 5 back to Home Sweet Home
 
The trip is better than I expected. We had a good start when we met Thomas Ong and Wang Biren in the plane. They were just sitting 2 rows behind us.
We survived the long shopping  with 2 kids. They got tired easily and we had to take turn to carry them, but they did enjoy shopping for their clothes and toys.
It will be better if our taxi is not involved in the car accident which scared us badly. Lucky we are not hurt. Xie tian xie de

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My botak princess!!!! Brought Charis to Hwa xia to shave her hair She behave well, finish her hair cut fast! She look more chubbly and cute with her botak head Babies are cute by nature!!! Wahahaa Her new style! Babies are cute! Charis gave me a present on Monday She flipped and flipped like nobody business Although she can flip eariler on but she seldom flip Only since Monday, whenever she is lying down She will flip & flip!!! But she cannot flip back to orginal postion after flip Slowly she will, afterall she just only 4mth old! My Botak Princess in action! Yelling Princess!

Iphone Pro

Charis is very pro in playing with my Iphone now She can play alot of games in the phone Dear is pretty surprised by her reaction Bowling, puzzles, writing ABC All she can do it So fun to see her playing with it